Creative has just released a new firmware version for the Zen Vision:M. One of the most notable additions is a "Highly Rated" option that should actually make rating songs a useful feature. Another addition that has been requested is the ability to zoom into a video and still maintain the aspect ratio There are a lot of other helpful enhancements as well:
Added Features or Enhancements:
* Adds language support for Czech, Hungarian, Polish and Turkish.
* Adds the Volume Restriction feature, which allows you to restrict your player's maximum playback volume.
* Adds the Highly Rated and Yet To Be Rated options to your player's DJ.
* Improves DRM-protected file transfer latency.
* Provides the Zoom To Full option to crop a video and play back the video in full screen and while maintaining the aspect ratio.
* Supports Creative ZEN Vision:M Docking Station and Creative PlayDockÂ® Z500/Cambridge SoundworksÂ® PlayDock ZEN.
* Ensures proper video aspect ratio when playing back video files using the Video Out jack.
* Improves the battery's charging functionality.
Additional fixes not listed:
-Faster Startup and navigation
As predicted by many of us, this firmware unfortunately removes your FM recording capabilities. As far as I know, this is something that many companies will have to remove from their players due to RIAA regulations. Finally, no gapless playback has been added this time around, but I doubt many of us were really expecting this.
Download Firmware 1.50.02 HERE
Warning: A lot of users are having trouble playing back DRM files with this new firmware
Click below to see some impressions of this new FW upgrade
The upgrade process is very quick. Just download and open the file, then connect your player and select Upgrade.
The last two options have been added. The "Highly Rated" section gives you your top 20 most highly rated songs. A very nice addition, although a subsection where you can choose "5 Star only", etc... would have been even better.
You can now restrict the volume. This is a safety precaution and is a very nice addition. You have to set a password when making this restriction.